Skrei Atlantic cod
Common name: Norwegian Atlantic cod
Skrei Atlantic cod is an exceptional fish, offered only a few months a year. Pronounced "skré", premium cod are fished from January to April, when migrating from the Barents Sea to Norway's north coast. It is bigger; its shape is more pointed and its skin more colourful. It is more refined and it is very prized in fine gastronomy.
- Fishing technique: line caught.
- Its very white flesh is lean.
- It has a flaky texture, an unparalleled firmness and delicacy. Its taste is buttery and rich.
- Rich in vitamins B12, B6 and D, as well as in selenium, phosphorus and iodine.
- Its liver, eggs and tongue are also considered high-quality foods.