Common name: Red salmon
Sockeye salmon is also known as “Red salmon” due to its bright red flesh. Its elongated shape and distinctive color make it one of the nicest wild salmon in the Pacific, which are increasingly in demand.
Fillets C, D
ORIGIN: Canada, United States
AVAILABILITY: June to October
- Fishing technique: net caught, line caught.
- Its bright red-orange flesh has a quite high oil content.
- It has a flaky, moist and firm flesh. Its taste is robust.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein.
- First marketed Pacific wild salmon species.