Pink salmon are the most abundant of salmon species frequenting this Pacific area. It is also the smallest of the salmon.
ORIGIN: Canada, United States
AVAILABILITY: June to September
- Fishing technique: net caught, line caught.
- Its pale pink flesh does not have the characteristic orange salmon color. Its meat is leaner than most salmonids.
- It has a more tender texture and a mild, less oily taste.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein.
- A high percentage of pink salmon harvested are canned.